Howdy
I regularly take screen shots of my models, convert them to jpegs in graphic converter and post them to the BOA users forum.

eg. http://forums.architosh.com/showthread.php?threadid=1221

Q - with apples standard screen shot utility - apple+ shift+ 4, can the resultant pdf be sent to a folder or can it only be sent the desktop by default.

If not I suppose thats why apps likes snapsox etc exist.

Ps using OS 10.3 in a new 1.25 G4

Did you try Mac OS X's Help? To quote:

Shortcuts for taking pictures of the screen

You can use keyboard shortcuts to take pictures of the screen in Mac OS X.
        ?        To take a picture of the whole screen, press Command-Shift-3.
? To take a picture of part of the screen, press Command-Shift-4, then drag to select the area you want in the picture. ? To take a picture of a window, the menu bar, the Dock, or other area, press Command-Shift-4, then press the Space bar. Move the pointer over the area you want so that it's highlighted, then click. (If you decide you want to drag to select the area, press the Space bar again.) ? If you press Command-Shift-4 and decide you don't want to take the screen shot, press the Escape key. ? Screen shots are saved as PDF files on the desktop. If you want to put the screen shot in the Clipboard, rather than create a file, hold down the Control key when you press the other keys. You can then paste the picture into a document.

You can also take pictures of the screen using the Grab application (in the Utilities folder).

They do put the help files there for a reason :)

Have fun,
Shay
--
 Perth, Western Australia   Technomancer  Join Team Sungroper in the