On 06/06/2004, at 3:10pm, Onno Benschop wrote:

On Sun, 2004-06-06 at 16:41, Rob Davies wrote:
if it goes to sleep upon
awakening it seems to have acquired extra time?

Without knowing how the time is calculated, I can postulate that there
is likely a calculation based on the voltage that the battery is
"currently" at.
Likely to stop jitter this is averaged out over time.

When your computer is asleep it draws *much* less power than when it is
awake. Likely the battery voltage will increase to some degree with a
lower rate of power consumption, which then affects the calculation for
"time remaining".

So, when the computer wakes up, the voltage is artificially high and
thus the time remaining is also higher.
Thus, what you describe sounds perfectly reasonable.

Yep that is what I would figure, but under 10.3.3 as per the question was raised I would see no such occurrence, thus 10.3.4 does as one would predict on this Powerbook.

Note, this is all based on my understanding of how it works. For actual
facts, ask someone who knows, rather than me :-)

Thanks Ono, but since I was not posting said question merely providing information for person whom asked as points of reference for their particular requirements, why?

Cheers!
Rob Davies
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"It is the world which makes known to us our belonging to a subject-communtiy, especially the existence in the world of the manufactured objects." Sartre.