Hi Muggers,
Does anyone know if there is a way to continue to listen to iTunes through
headphones on a Powerbook or iBook with the lid closed? I'm thinking of
plane rides for example, where you'd want to maximise battery time by not
powering up the screen. I realise you can have the display go to sleep
pretty quickly, but having it also closed is a bonus in some contexts.

Try plugging the adapter for an external display into the machine, then start it up, or start it from an external USB device with the lid closed. This may fool it into starting up without powering up the screen.

Have fun,
Shay
--
 Perth, Western Australia   Technomancer  Join Team Sungroper in the