Hi,
I have just done the software download for 10.3.1

You probably want to run software update (from the Apple menu) or download and install the 10.3.4 combo updater in that case.

<http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosxupdate_10_3_4.html>

, and now if I want to place anything in the HD from my desktop or drag stuff out of HD to trash or leave on desktop, I have to type in my password as it says the HD can't be modified. Can I bypass this?

Try running Disk Utility (in the Utilities folder in your Applications folder) and then select the drive, click the 'First Aid' tab and then click the 'repair permissions' button.

Have fun,
Shay
--
 Perth, Western Australia   Technomancer  Join Team Sungroper in the