Hi Ronni

Regrettably, she's right.

We run a genealogy business and have two Macs. Last year we bought a second hand Toshiba laptop for the dual reason of (1) running some of the many CDs that are now available (that usually have their own proprietary Windoze 'viewers' associated with them) and (2) trying out the very many genealogical software packages available for PCs. Prior to that we'd been running the CDs on virtual PC, but we became sick of the sluggishness and didn't want to pay for a full upgrade to OSX (and it wasn't available at the time).

The good news is that Reunion is by far the best of all the available software packages for any computer. The top seller in the PC world is Family Tree Maker, which is really clunky and can't match Reunion in many areas, such as charts.

Cheers
Mike