On Sun, 2004-06-13 at 18:10, Shay Telfer wrote:

> Of course if you need it, it's easier to have it turned on and know
> that it works in advance than having to futz around setting it up
> when you're away from home.

Good point. And that _will_ be an issue, given that there's no 2IC to
call in to work if something goes wrong while I'm unable to access our
systems.

> And also having one e-mail address that
> deals with all your important mail rather than all the list traffic
> you don't necessarily want to read urgently.

IMAP is a good solution to that :-)

I have a "priority" mailbox that some recipients get filtered into on
the server side. All lists are automatically filtered into the
appropriate mailboxes server side. Most spam gets thrown in a Junk
folder - on the server, by the server, on delivery. So if I'm on a
low-bandwidth link I can pick and choose what I access. It's great. A
compressed SSH tunnel makes it even better :-)

Anyway, this is getting well -OT...

Craig Ringer