I think MS offer a one year warranty on the Xbox ... Apple offer the same on the 'pod. Seems crap but consistent. Anyone know what the warranties are like on similar music players (e.g. Creative's 'Zen')

LOL as I was tying the text below Drake training sent me a e-mail to say that I'll get a free iPod if I book 5 days of training with them... man soon you'll be pulling them out of your corn flakes boxes

I think by consumer law requirements new electrical and electronic goods have to have a minimum 1 year warranty. Most manufacturers have an optional extended warranty for a "small" fee (usually extending it out to 3 years) some of those companies will let you roll that extension over. My dad had a Sanyo TV that he bought in 80/81 that by the time Sanyo stopped making parts for it it was 15 years old, it blew the tube 3 or more times in those 15 years and each one of those repairs (or to have bought a replacement) would have cost more than all the extended warranty purchases put together. That said he has an old B&W cabinet TV that's 40 or s years old ( built in the 60's and full of valves)- never been repaired and still works (OK so it's had some valves replaced over the years but a at least the valves are still available).

--
~
Mark Secker Computer Support Officer

<http://ecel-mark.ecel.uwa.edu.au/~marksecker/index.htm> (sometimes works)