On Sat, 2004-07-24 at 10:57, John Winters wrote:
> An easy way?
>
> Don't be silly, this is an MS product! <g>

The worst thing about OpenOffice (which I referenced in my proposed
solution) is how much it tries to be like MS Office, right down to the
IMHO awful UI.

> Try this in Office X
>
> Open presentation
> Choose save as
> Change format to TIFF (or JPEG or whatever you want)

Aah. We interpreted the question two totally different ways. I read it
as "how do I extract image files embedded in Office documents, so that I
can work with them as normal, independent image files." You appear to
have read it as "how do I save a presentation as a series of images."

So the solution you mention (which IMHO I would call reasonably user
friendly given the task), while perfectly valid, answers a different
question to what I was answering.

I'd be interested to hear from the original poster, Sephen Chape, as to
whether he's solved the issue.

--
Craig Ringer