Over the past couple of days I have installed OS 10.3.4 and Office 2004 to
my G3 400 laptop (640 mb ram).

I now have a problem working on some documents in some folders. In short, I
am locked out as they are marked "read only". I don't know whether this has
happened by courtesy of upgrading from 10.2.8 to 10.3.4, or by going from
OfficeX to Office 2004, but I wasn't locked out before.

Perhaps agreeing with Office's suggestion that Office 98 and OfficeX be
deleted was not a good idea.

Running "repair permissions", MacJanitor and DiscWarrior 3.01 hasn't fixed
the problem.

I don't want to have to laboriously go through and change permissions one by
one. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you

Michael Hawkins.