Hi All

I received an email this morning about some features to do with Westpac
Banking and had to laugh at the following wording,..

Right at the top of the email it says...

---quote---
Security advice: Before accessing emails or the internet, always update your
virus, firewall and Windows* software.
---end quote--

So I look at the * and go to the bottom of the email to see what it's
referring to, only to be told..

---quote---
* Microsoft Windows is a common operating system. For your protection,
always ensure you have downloaded the latest patches for your operating
system.
---end quote---

OK, that in itself is quite funny,...being told it's a "common" operating
system and to make sure it's always up to date with patches. Fair enough.

But then I took it a step further and looked up "common"
<http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=common>

---quote---
-snip-
1a.  Belonging equally to or shared equally by two or more; joint
5a.  Not distinguished by superior or noteworthy characteristics; average
 b.  Of no special quality; standard: common procedure.
 c.  Of mediocre or inferior quality
---end quote---

Well I suppose I have to be thankful I don't use a "common" operating
system! :o)

Enjoy!

Kind Regards
Daniel (who should go to bed before 4.30am when he gets up again at 7am!)
---
Daniel Kerr
MacWizardry

Phone: 0414 795 960