>Need some help please -- having had to shut down a network system and
>
>disconnecting the power from the Hub, Router, Printer and X Server
>etc.
>to my dismay when I started it up again the Network wont work.
>
>Shut down sequence:
>
>1.     Computers
>2.     Hub and modem and other peripherals
>
>The start up sequence:
>
>1.     Started the modem and waited until all 3 lights were on and normal
>2.     re-connected the Hub (port indicator light flashing (doesn't look
>normal to me)
>3.     started the X server
>
>Problem:
>
>Unable to connect anything on the network, all the Port indicator
>lights on the Hub are FLASHING continuously at all times, even when
>everything else is disconnected.
>I have tried starting in the reverse order with no change.
>
>Any suggestions will be appreciated.
>
>Regards,
>
>Adrian Skehan

Could it be an IP address issue?

Is the router (I assume it's an ADSL modem/router) meant to be
providing DHCP to your network? Is it succeeding? Try connecting a
computer directly (possibly with a crossover cable) to the router to
test its functions.

Be sure the "uplink" port on the hub/switch isnt being used for
anything but connecting to another hub/switch.

Is there a reset on the hub/switch?

In these types of myserious situations I go backwards, eliminating
almost everything untill I get something working.
It is sometimes better to try and work out *WHY* it went wrong
*AFTER* its up and working again.
Sometimes just getting it working again is all that is required.

Good Luck

Paul