There is also an issue with Word in Office X and how well it handles PDF.
Omnigraffle uses PDF to draw and store as does OS X I believe.  But Word
doesn't handle it too well and the result is poor both on screen and
printed.  I used Omnigraffle to prepare some flow charts about 3 years ago
and imported (or pasted) them into a Word 2001 document - the result was
quite good.  Doing the same with Word X results in something unusable - even
saving to PICT/TIFF/GIF/JPEG from Omnigraffle or Preview doesn't help, I
tried them all.

Perhaps Word 2004 is better at PDF.

Cheers

Greg