Michael

A few tips for new players

1.  Make sure no applications are running
2.  Connect to the TV
3.  In the displays settings pane do a "Detect Displays"
4.  Make sure the TV "display" is set for millions of colours in the
displays settings pane
5.  In the displays settings pane move the menu bar across to the TV display
6.  Insert the DVD and allow DVD Player to launch automatically
7.  This should work - it does for me on my G4 TiPB 550

You can't (to my knowledge) watch the DVD on both your notebook and the TV
simultaneously.

Good luck

Greg