I am trying to install a piece of software which has a VISE installer. In the opening stages it specifically notes that the installation is for OSX but does not ask for an Administrator Password. Installation proceeds apparently normally but falls over in the final stages with a predictable error message saying that I do not have sufficient privileges.
Has anyone come across this?  Is there a workaround?
Severin Crisp

Either
* Run Disk Utility's Repair Privileges, then try running the installer, or
* Create a new 'disposable' user and install it in that account to see if the problem persists or * Launch the installer with admin privileges by dragging it onto Pseudo (you want to be sure that it isn't going to do anything like delete your hard drive or anything...)

<http://personalpages.tds.net/~brian_hill/pseudo.html>

Have fun,
Shay
--
 Perth, Western Australia   Technomancer  Join Team Sungroper in the