On 21/09/2004, at 8:59 PM, Vladimir James wrote:

Has anyone tried this version? Many overdue functions have been added,
but speed is not amongst the improvements.

Takes 70 seconds to open a 900KB text file (Mellel v1.8 takes about 15
seconds).
Scrolling, saving and moving about in the document involve similar agonies.

After using earlier versions of Nisus Writer for years, I had hopes...

Vlad James

It's a definite improvement over previous attempts, and has some nice features not found in similar Cocoa programs (dynamic page margin control, for example), but I agree: there are still too many areas which need improvement before it is ready for prime time, IHMO.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Fax (618) 9332 0913