On Sat, 2004-10-30 at 07:10, bill parker wrote:
> I cannot turn off screensaver.    Setting the slider to "never"  does
> not work  [OSX 10.3 15" powerbook].
>
> This annoying feature got in the way of a powerpoint presentation I
> was giving such that I resorted to the paper version I had printed
> out earlier!

This is likely to be power saving, not a screen saver. Look in the power
preferences.

> Any help welcome.    I have run all the usual diagnostics and done
> permission repairs.

That is beginning to sound like "Rebuild The Desktop" or "Zap the PRAM"
as a solution for all woes. Repairing permissions is a solution to a
specific problem, not a solution to all problems.

Onno Benschop

Connected via WestNet because I cannot see Optus B3 where I am :-(
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..