I have received a file from a novice computer user in France called:
Document sans titre.wps
Does anyone know what the extension  .wps means?

Look suspiciously like a virus but the sender has only been on the internet
for a week or so.

It takes under about 20 minutes for an unprotected Windows machine to get infected if it's connected to the internet. It takes longer than that for Windows users to download their security patches.

It's probably a Microsoft Works document. I'd suggest they re-save it as text or RTF and send it again as Microsoft Works has gone the way of the dinosaurs. You should be able to open it with Microsoft Word and save it as something more useful.

Have fun,
SHay
--
 Perth, Western Australia   Technomancer  Join Team Sungroper in the