On 14/11/2004, at 12:16 AM, Severin Crisp wrote:

I recently came on the OCR software ReadIris 9 for OSX.
For anyone looking to convert documents into editable text etc I can only describe it as brilliant.
At 89Euros it is not all that cheap, however.
Severin Crisp

Just FYI - ReadIris (the full version!) comes as the standard OCR package on HP scanners. A cheap way to get it. It is even bundled with very low end products like the PSC1210 all-in-one printer/scanner.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Fax (618) 9332 0913