On 18/11/04 8:27 AM, "Robert Howells" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>> o what I'm looking for is actually a 5.25 inch Appleworks Program
>>> Disk on
>>> one side and Appleworks Startup on the other. Reading back to me from
>>> her
>>> damaged original disk it stated for 2e or 2c ProDOS etc....691-007-B
>>>
>>> I'm sorry for the inconvenience especially to those who responded on
>>> and off
>>> list but still hope somebody can help.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Greg Sharp
>>>

>> What version of AppleWorks? I think it got to v4, and then went to
>> 3.5" format because it got too big for floppies.
>>
>> --
>> Peter Hinchliffe        Apwin Computer Services
>
> errr
> Was it not Claris works to start with, or were they using the
> Appleworks name before that ?
>
> Think I have a Claris version 2 on 3.5 floppy if that is any help
>

> Bob

As the Americans like to say, 'Back in the day' before the Mac, the Apple II
series used AppleWorks.  I think once the Mac came on the scene, AppleWorks
may have been spun off into its own division and became Clarisworks.  By the
time version 5 came around, the software had reverted back to Appleworks.
From memory there was a text version for the II c/e series, and a graphic
version for the IIGS.

If I am wrong, can the Apple historians on the list please correct me!

Seeya

Rod!