Hi group, anyone ever toy with non-iPod MP3 players?

I am trying to extract some audio from a MyVoice MP3 recorder. Naturally, accompanying disc is Windoze only.

I have tried to connect it to my Mac but it won't detect it (even though the gadget displays "PC" when connected). iTunes won't find it, profiler won't display it.

searched 'Net for suitable drivers or software but... nothing.

So I went to my other machine with Virtual PC 5, ran Win98, installed their stupid software from the disc and fired it up. (Windows keeps saying every new window... "If the installation stops for a long time, re-start the computer..." - that's confidence hey!) It still doesn't detect the gadget.

So I ran Add Hardware Wizard, it didn't find it, so manually added a USB Audio Device, still no go. "Settings" on Virtual PC doesn't detect it either.

Anyone had any experience with these generic MP3 recorders? This one is made in Korea, badged with the Australian distributor's make, the manual is a howler written in Korean English and it just don't work... or, anyone have a favourite app which might be able to detect and mount the gadget in OSX?

Thanks for any help, regards

David de la Hunty