Having anything offered by Symantec (eg Norton) anywhere near my Mac is
much like allowing a tiger snake indoors in the hope that it might make a
good mouser.

My cynicism and phobia about this outfit goes back well before 2002.

Vlad James

>I know one thing: if I did own a PC, I wouldn't be letting Nortons
anywhere near it. I wouldn't even show it the box.

> From an ISP helldesk point of view, anything made by Norton since 2002
is the biggest source of email and browsing issues that I have seen in a
long time. Every few weeks, it updates itself and manages to break a
decent number of pc's.