On Mon, 20 Dec 2004, Edward Arrowsmith wrote:
Lately the lid/screen of my 15" PowerBook (dream machine) has become stiff and creaks when I close it. In fact it is becoming noticeably tight and creaky.

That's normal for the PowerBook apparently - my 12" does the same. That's the problem with constantly heating up (pBooks aren't exactly cool beasts) and cooling down metal a couple of times a day.

Does anyone have a remedy or suggestion please? Ronni?

I'm just waiting for my hinge to finally snap and then I take it in for a warranty repair. The rest of my unit is in near-perfect condition so you'd have a hard time arguing it broke due to mis-treatment.

Someone else might have a more constructive suggestion though. :)

PD

--
Paul Day      Web: www.bur.st/~paul      GPG Key ID: 7FF655A8