Bart,

This is a very common occurrence - I get that message from time to time. Often related to the MSN not logging out properly, and as msn won't let you login two machines at the same time, it says "temporarily unavailable".

You can try using aMSN, which in my opinion is a much much better msn messenger client, is open source and more reliable:

<http://amsn.sourceforge.net/>

dave