I've had a Conon 300D since June, and use it with the lenses that I
had for my 12 year old (and still going strong) EOS 1000. The lenses
are standard 105m zoom, 75-300m zoom and 100m(?)-500m Sigma zoom. The
500 zoom is sharp enough for me to see a fellow in a wheel chair who
was 2500 metres away from where I took the photo. The 300D is a great
camera but naturally enough I'm a bit envious that the 20D doesn't
cost much more now than the 300D did last June.

Don't forget to factor in the scan disc cost. I bought  a 1 gb disc
but I think that 6 gb discs are available.

Plaza Digital (upstairs in Plaza Arcade, Murray Street end) and
Camera & Video in City Arcade (Murray Street level and end) are two
shops worth visiting.

Michael Hawkins.