Used Macs since Lisa days and still own the latter. Currently G4 400, 768 Ram. A truly great machine.

Since 10.3.7 Safari takes 1 min 30secs to open CommSec and CommBank - previously 15 to 20 secs.
I have done all the recommended speed up routines to no avail.

Firefox loads above sites, log in and watchlist display in 8 seconds

Am I dreaming or is there a security issue with Firefox

The .Mail application also takes 30 to 40 seconds to simply load

I would prefer to retain all Mac software but unless someone can suggest a solution or dissuade me from Firefox I strongly recommend that the average unsophisticated user like myself get on to this Firefox wagon

TIA

Tony Wilson