>Paul
>
>Just a couple of things that you have not mentioned but you
>probably have done. First make sure you have "Windows Sharing"
>active in the Sharing preferences and the other one is to reboot
>the PC after you have done any configurational changes on that
>machine.
>
>Dave Watkins

Hi Dave

Windows Sharing is enabled and the PCs have both been rebooted(its
what they do;).

One thing though, below where Windows Sharing is enabled the message
reads:

'Windows users can access your computer at \\localhost\administrator'

This will *not* work of course.
My memory isn't great but I thought the info should be a little more
specific than just using the name "localhost". I thought it should
state the IP address there.

The message for Personal File Sharing goes a little further:

"Other Macintosh users can access your computer at afp://localhost/
or browse for "G3" by choosing Network from the Go menu in the
Finder."

'G3' is right but should it be using the term 'localhost' there also,
it's the only clue I have even though I cant get it to change using
the 'Computer Name:' field above.

Thanks
Paul