On 17/2/05 9:46 PM, "tom samson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks people for recommending Quicktime - I forgot about that. Now I
> can get sound but no video
> tom samson

Being an avi, there could be a number of different codecs, ranging from the
intel codecs to the current flavours of divx/xvid.  Try using ffmpeg for the
job.  You will also need to download a couple of other apps for it to work,
as the cannot be included with ffmpeg.  Here is the link:

<http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/15473>

There are some handy presets included, which may just what are you looking
for.  It sounds to me like you have some divx movies that you would like to
convert to mpeg, so you can watch them on tv.

Also, check out:

<http://www.vcdhelp.com>

They do have a Mac forum on the website.  A quick search may also give you
the answer you are looking for.

Seeya

Rod!