Dear WAMUGers
At the Science Teachers Assn website
 www.stawa.asn.au
We have a section called the Teachers Survival Kit (TSK).
This is an online database of teaching resources (tests, worksheets etc) to
which science teachers can upload and download from.

We have started experiencing problems where mac users are unable to upload
to this site. We are getting quotes from web developers to do a number of
modifications to our site and have asked that they also guarantee that the
teachers survival kit will accept both uploads and downloads to and from
macintosh computers running OSX. The developer who has submitted a quote
Said "this a compatibility problem between macs and
some browsers." and cannot provide us with this guarantee.

Presumably they mean '... between some Mac browsers and the web site'

Any comments would be appreciated please.
Is this really an insurmountable problem?
Do you know of any decent web developers, who could provide such a
guarantee?
Ta
Rod Blitvich

It's somewhat difficult to be able to expect an independent web developer to guarantee that (ie) Microsoft's browser will do anything in particular...

They could demonstrate that the site works with a particular version of a particular set of browsers as part of a test suite, but obviously they can't guarantee future compatibility, or compatibility with environments they haven't or can't test.

Have fun,
Shay
--
 Perth, Western Australia   Technomancer  Join Team Sungroper in the