Kevin,

From the depths of Apple's archives:

1. Start with desktop printing disabled (this is important). You can
disable desktop printing using the Extensions Manager control panel.
 2. Drag all desktop printer icons from the desktop to the Trash.
 3. Drag the printing prefs folder (located inside the Preferences
folder, which is inside the System folder) to the Trash.
 Note: If necessary, save your watermark files before deleting the
printing prefs folder, or re-install the watermark files after
troubleshooting is complete.
 4. Drag the PrintMonitor documents folder (in System folder) to the Trash.
 5. Add 100 Kilobytes (100K) to minimum and preferred memory sizes of the
Desktop PrintMonitor application (in Extensions Disabled folder) by
selecting the application and Choosing Get Info from the File menu.
 6. Re-enable desktop printing extensions using the Extensions Manager
control panel.
 7. Restart and rebuild the Desktop file by pressing the Apple and Option
keys down until a few seconds after the rebuild is complete.

Vlad James

---------- your email ------------

>I am looking after a range of Macs at Castlereagh Special School on a
>voluntary basis.   I have a 7200/120 which shows the Epson printer in
>the chooser and it can be selected and the correct connection chosen,
>but the machine tells me the printer cannot be found.  There is some
>sort of connection as the printer occasionally coughs out a color
>print pattern, but no text.
>
>I seem to remember something to be turned off in extensions?
>
>Anyone able to offer a clue here?
>
>TIA
>
>Kevin

  • Need help KEVIN Lock