On 18/03/2005, at 8:22 AM, Robert Howells wrote:

On 18/03/2005, at 8:12 AM, Rod wrote:

Safety reasons that might be the case Bob, but as far as Apple are concerned the Macintouch order is correct. Going the other way can potentially ruin your battery or ruin the PMU in your powerbook. I can't remember off the top of my head why, but this was a topic of discussion when I did my Powerbook repair training with Apple a couple of years ago.

Seeya

Rod!

So , does the correct procedure require the Power Switch to be on ?

This was an American statement and some of their Power sockets do not
 have a switch .  (  110 Volts )
Power pak there would  be on when it was plugged in !

Bob

The power must be on in the procedure. Don't ask me why! But I wouldn't think 110V or 240V would be coming out the little plug on the end of the adapter though....

Seeya

Rod!