I am printing art work which is a mix of greyscale and colour in the one print. This is out of Photoshop CS to an Epson 1290S and I am unable to get a really good black and white rendition of the grayscale portions. I can separate the parts of the image into colour and greyscale to separate layers and print separately in two passes but the alignment is not accurate enough so I have to print the lot in colour and the greyscale portions take on a dark greenish cast. I can correct this to some extent manipulating hue and saturation but I just do not get the clear black white and grey that come from a normal printing in black and white. Essentially Photoshop needs to tell the printer to use just black ink (K) on its own for those parts of the print and not to even try to make it up with CMY. I am sure Photoshop is clever enough for this but I am not.
Can anyone out there help please?
Severin Crisp

                    Assoc Professor R Severin Crisp, FIP, CPhys, FAIP
       15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western Australia.
                      Phone  (08) 9842 1950   (Int'l +61 8 9842 1950)
                             email  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                        Web pages http://www.JennyCrisp.com.au
                          &  http://members.westnet.com.au/Crisp