I have just upgraded from 10.2.8 to 10.3.6 then downloaded the 10.3.8 updater. I am working on it to send this email which at least tells me some things are ok. I have the dock showing so can use most that was in my dock [address book wont work] and with 10.2.8 I was using alias menu so once i bring up anything in the dock I get top tool bar with the alias pull down menus and can open those applications etc

BUT I have no finder and finder, the finder icon in dock does not work and anything else that was on the desktop has vanished too...........how can I get my finder back and desktop stuff without having to do a clean install?

I did do a full backup yesterday just to be on the safe side but wold rather not have to go down that track.

thanks

Yvonne