has anybody tried to hook a current model Apple Cinema display (particularly the 20" model) to an analog source using something like this:
<http://www.lindy.com/us/productfolder/04/41223/index.php>

the apple Cinema displays appear to be cabled with a DVI-I rather than a DVI-D connector but I can't find any reference to them accepting analog as well as digital input on the Apple site.
this site "implies" that  they so support DVI-I (so support analog):
<http://www.answers.com/topic/apple-displays>

I'm all set to go and put personal money down on one of these monitors as my home systems 8 year old Apple Trinitron Display has pretty much given up the ghost. BUT as I need to be able to connect it to a number of legacy macs and Wintel boxes (even if I don't get wide screen resolutions) other wise I may find my self instead getting a generic DVI-I screen like a Diamond or Acer.

<http://www.apple.com.au/displays/digital.html>
<http://www.lindy.com/us/productfolder/04/41223/index.php>
<http://www.lindy.com/us/tips/uk/Digital_Monitor_Connections_Explained_/index.php>
--
~
Mark Secker [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO"
Hunter S Thompson(?)