On 01/04/2005, at 10:51 PM, Edward Arrowsmith wrote:

When I run GarageBand lately it fails to launch and I get the following message:

The Instrument Library is invalid. GarageBand expects a valid Instrument Library folder in /Library/Application Support/GarageBand. Please choose a valid Instrument Library folder or quit and re-install GarageBand.

I can't find a valid instrument library and I can't install GB from the install discs. Any suggestions please?

Hi Edward,

Check for the folder on your hard drive /Library/Application Support/GarageBand. If you see that folder, check the contents. You should see 3 folders named "Apple Loops", "Apple Loops Index", and "Instrument Library". If you are not seeing these folders, delete the GarageBand folder from /Library, and repair permissions on your hard drive using the Disk Utility in /Applications/Utilities.

Then reinstall GarageBand from the iLife disks.

If you have trouble reinstalling GarageBand try this :

When Microsoft asks you, "Where do you want to go today?" Tell them, "Apple!"