A piece of antique DOS and unix/linux I still use today for this; mc known as Midnight Commander runs in terminal with root privileges if user has them.

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20040112172024838

It is not that difficult to accomplish, but their are other ways of accomplishing this I find this the most productive. Also no FINK needed.

enjoy.