Hello WAMUGgers,

A friend has asked me to burn a DVD of a Windows Media Video he has made, so he can play it on his TV.

How can I convert a .wmv to .dv or mpeg2 so I can accomplish this task please?
Quicktime Pro won't, Toast 6 won't.

Flip 4 Mac is probably the best option. Sadly, the import function is not yet available - due any day now though. Probably at the end of April, given that NAB is April 20th.

If you need to go out to WMV it's great. Worth checking out for future reference.

<http://www.flip4mac.com/>

Your other option is to get it converted on a PC, because WMV is a proprietary format that is specifically designed no to work on a Mac.