On 01/04/2005, at 11:14 AM, Mark Secker wrote:

coming a close second to the tech support guy here who took 30 minuted to completely disassembled the plastic panels off the outside of a g4 tower in a vain attempt "open the case" to fit a second hard disk - then called me up screaming about how "effing stupid are these Power Macs if you can't open the effing stupid cases" - when I told him to pull the pop up tag on the right panel you could hear a pin drop as he put the phone down without making any further comment

Sometimes the greatest way to brighten a dull day is to use the word "Macintosh" in a conversation with people like this, and watch the play of emotions behind their eyes. You'll see everything from alert signals to total fear and trepidation. It can case them to lose all rationality, just as in this case...

I've just walked in to an area that has a few flat screen G4 iMacs and found they have super glued on security cable mounts on to the bezel of the _SCREEN_. now the users are complaining that the weight of the lug plus the security cable is making their screens drop down...... when I pointed out the built in security cable mounting point on the base and the fact that they have just written off probably two to three hundred dollars off the future disposal value of the units the comment from the tech was "I don't care they're stupid macs anyway"

Send them a bill...

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Fax (618) 9332 0913