If I remember correctly, MiniDisks were a little different. It was possible
to do, but one of my clients that had a Sony MD and an iMacG4 had to get an
iMic to do it. And then there was a little bit of software tweaking to get
it to work.
So in answer, yes it is possible.
Oh, and the player,.I'm sure you're referring to an iPod shuffle. :o)

If you want more info on it, let me know as I think I still have it stored
away somewhere what you had to do. :o)

Hope that helps.
Enjoy!

Kind Regards