Hi Rod,

Can't help specifically with Mail, but I had a similar thing with Entourage.
The repair only seemed to work after turning off 'office notifications'.  It
probably goes without saying, but just backup all your files before you
attempt anything, that way you can't get into a deeper SNAFU :).  Good luck!

Hi...

Fortunately Mail stores its mailboxes as plain text, which is recoverable with a text editor, whereas Entourage stores it in a proprietary format, which is unrecoverable (well, unless you're skilled and desperate).

I'd recommend quitting Mail before opening the mailboxes with a text editor though :)

And people wonder why I recommend Mail over Entourage...

Have fun,
Shay
--
 Perth, Western Australia   Technomancer  The love of liberty is the love