On 13/04/2005, at 10:43 PM, Robert Howells wrote:

On 13/04/2005, at 10:31 PM, Shay Telfer wrote:

We have just moved into our near-new home in a newish estate (Bibra Lake) Iinet inform me that the line does not support ADSL.

Their man says it will take Telstra 1-2 months to get the correct line in. The text of the message is below.

Does anyone know of a hurry-up for this?

Kevin

You could try signing up with BigPond ADSL on the shortest plan you can get and then switching... Or at least ring BigPond and ask them how long it would take to get connected.

AND THAT WOULD CAUSE A BIG STIR .

Big Pond is not allowed to get you connected any faster for a connection to BigPond
than providing the service for you through  IINET  .... !

They have been in trouble for that before !

Bob

Oh yeah Bob ...... BigBlxxdyPond are still up to their old tricks. They 'indicated' to me if a person I was trying to get connected to ADSL came 'onboard' with BigPond ADSL we would get the service quicker? ...... wink wink say no more ??

When Microsoft asks you, "Where do you want to go today?" Tell them, "Apple!"