On 20/04/2005, at 12:22 PM, Greg Pennefather wrote:

Dear All

Ever since I upgraded to 10.3.6 (now at 10.3.9) the combo drive in my TiPB
G4 550 won't read optical disks.

That seems a bit too coincidental ! If it were true than a replacement of the same type
would possibly have the same problem ! ?

Now, I have never tried this, but ........ I have read about problems with " dirty lenses "
to the point that there are special lense cleaning CD disks !   ???

You may want to consider your options ! ?

Bob

 It still burns them but won't read.

So, does anyone have a dead PB with a combo drive they think works or a 2nd
hand drive that they'd like to sell or swap?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers

Greg