On 20 Apr 2005, at 5:19 PM, Paul wrote:

Rod wrote:

<http://macdailynews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/5518/>

next thing you know they will be using Powerbooks and Keynote to do there presentations.....

They are just showing us that when something needs doing right, do it yourself, with a Mac! :o)

Yep have to agree, now I am off to do some work with my extension to an iPod, damn where did I put that iPod? Oh, I don't own one!

Actually it is quite funny because I was consulting with a friend whom works with some Federal Department here in Perth, very much a Microsoft Heaven even bloody Microsoft mouse pads and Office mugs, mmm yep! Any way they had a very important document to be printed and signed by some American Consulate official whom was in Perth on his way to Mauritius for holidays. They attempted to open the downloaded 23 page word document which was an attachment in an email from Outlook; no go could not even get document to open in Outlook or Word even to save file as something else.

Apple PB to rescue sent email via gmail.com to PB, mail opened it and even the word doc file in TextEdit. But it was not formatted, bugger, slight embarrassment. So, open NeoOffice loaded .doc file and their right before your eyes a formatted .doc file, now I thought that was impressive. But, I went to print no printer all on secure network, rendezvous (bonjour now) seems to be showing something yes it is a HP laser printer. Ah print document it's a go yes 23 pages later and a signature, they still swear by Microsoft.

This was after they sent this file around the office a few times to every geek in the office. Response from IT idiot, oh! bloody Mac, must have been a Mac Office document then I showed stunned mullet it was opened by NeoOffice A GNU licensed Office Suite and original email client was Outlook.

It felt good to be playing at Apple that day.

Cheers!
Rob Davies
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"It is the world which makes known to us our belonging to a subject-communtiy, especially the existence in the world of the manufactured objects." Sartre.