On 25/04/2005, at 3:34 PM, Robin Belford wrote:

Sometimes when I open the application Address Book.app Little Snitch gives me this message "Address Book wants to connect to homepage.mac.com on TCP port 80 (http)".

As I don't have an active .Mac account or a home page there why does Address Book want to do this and what is it telling Apple?

You probably have someone in there that has a .Mac account. AddressBook is looking to see if that person(s) have upload a photo of themselves. If it finds one it will download it and assign it to that card.

Don't stress, it's not doing anything nefarious.

- Matt