Playing with the Qucksilver right-arrow found me this clever little thang:

invoke any text file, then <right arrow> it and you get a line-by line display, any of which chosen is displayed on the magnification bezel centre-screen.

What use is that?! It frees me from the desk while I'm dialling a number or learning a song. Best use yet: reminded me to turn off the tank before it overflowed. Last week I missed the bobbing reminder iCal thingie because it is insignificant once you are a couple of feet away from the desk.