Howdy Mal,

I'm not having a problem any more.
I remain a locked-in Westnet supporter for their provision of connection to the internet and their technical support and their treatment of accounts. There is simply no better provider. The thing which prompted Ronni to contact management off her own bat was my investigating a tech problem with a westnet web page and discussing a couple of other deficiencies with advertised web services to mac users.
You can pick up the threads in the archives which are accessible here:

wamug.org.au:8100/Lists/wamug/List.html

hope this helps

Nancy M