Hi
A PC user has written a "book" in Word.
He has asked is it possible to put his book onto a DVD for people to read on
their tv, instead of having to publish/print it?
I originally told him that DVD was for graphic formats eg images, pictures,
movies and not for text documents.
I later thought maybe he could convert the Word doc into a pdf and maybe
that could go on DVD, but it sounds a bit crazy.

Any advice would be appreciated please.
Ta
Rod

You could create a movie of the book using QuickTime, but you'd need to specify how long each page displayed for and the user would have to pause it to see each page if they wanted longer (essentially a slideshow of the book).

You could also mark it up with one DVD chapter marker per page, but I suspect it wolud depend on how many pages the book has as to whether the DVD standard supports that many chapters... (further investigation suggests somewhere between 184 and 9,800 chapters depending on the software:)

Have fun,
Shay
--
 Perth, Western Australia   Technomancer  The love of liberty is the love