On 30/4/05 1:51 PM, "Daniel Kerr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote this:

> For all those installing Tiger, one thing to note is that once you've
> installed it, and restarted it will start indexing for spotlight. This is
> done in the background and no real sign that it's actually doing it.
>
> So don't be surprised if for a little while after the install the computer
> "doesn't seem to running as fast as it should". This could be the reason
> why. Once it's done that first major scan then it'll be good.
> The scan time is dependant on how many files you have,, and how big your
> hard drive is. So will vary. :o)
> This is because Spotlight has to build an index of everything on your
> computer!

Also worth noting is that at this time it would be good to choose your
'private' folder, ie a folder that you do *not* want indexed as it might be
hard to 'un-index' at a later date, ie personal details, diary etc.

(I don't have Tiger but I read it in the review)

Brett Carboni
Tsunami
"No Tiger sushi, but we do have tiger prawns"