On 02/05/2005, at 6:13 PM, Reg Whitely wrote:

Hi WAMUGgers
I've just read these two reports on maced mailing list. Has anyone else had troubles with QT7 installation please?

Reg
__________________

Just be aware that apple have broken Quicktime7. All mic inputs (builtin and USB) have a problem in all applications. The audio is broken and garbled, if it works at all. Its broken so much there is even a Quicktime7 un- installer
on the apple updates page.

Well after spending the most part of the day in backup land and clean install of Tigger on friends PB 17" 2004 vintage. I spent the last 2 and a half hours editing and compositing, with audio external mike and internal mike plus recordings off DV tape which has been processed through Audacity and arranged edited for 5.1 via AC3 in Soundtrack. Just outputting into DVDSP all seems to be playing through simulator ( cannot wait to be able to do Dolby direct and output via sim to 6.1 sound system on the run) Formatting and Build are done it is burnt, off to lounge room to test yep all works. So, not a problem here yet FCP, DVDSP, Soundtrack, Audacity, and QT7Pro on Tigger via a PB cooking with Gas.

____________________

Reports from a local school indicate that installing QT7 stuffs Kid Pix 4.

Check company website, could be an issue they know about and have solved or are solving. I found this with Stuffit and Cocktail, relevant fixes already their and Diskwarrior too.

And when you use the Apple uninstaller to go back to QT 6.5, Kid Pix is
still stuffed!

Do not use, although one thing I did notice with Tigger is the longer it is running the little bugs and niggles disappear and as for QT7 have not played with it much except in mentioned recordings. Which are external sounds for background noise with voice overs via PB mike. One would assume these are QT7 intense, the MPEG2 compiled a little quicker than the Panther powered PB, not sure but I think quality too, have to play more to check this. So, many options with QT not sure where to go, oh MPEG 2 QT Player for 6 works in 7 so do not purchase a new one it is same unit.

I'd suggest giving QT7 a miss for now.

Each too their own, but thus far no probs for me!

My daughter is still looking for Pooh Bear, and very upset PB 17" has gone home! Oh well looks like I could be doing the install thing again tomorrow damn Apple.

Cheers!
Rob