<control+click> slect  get info
choose " preview (or Acrobate reader if you so wish) then "change all"

if it already comes up with the program you want choose another then without setting the "change all" change back to the one you want then click "change all"(so change to acrobat then change back to preview)

I am in the process of moving stuff onto a OSX machine and see my PDF docs
appear with I assume is a blackish square Mac default icon.  Is there a way
I can easily make these appear as the conventional PDF icon?

Kind regards, Paul.

--
Dr Paul R. Weaver

http://www.livejournal.com/users/fremantlebiz/2004/

WAMUG is powered by Stalker CommuniGatePro

--
~
Mark Secker Computer Support Officer

<http://ecel-mark.ecel.uwa.edu.au/~marksecker/index.htm> (sometimes works)