> On 09/05/2005, at 4:11 AM, Lloyd White wrote:
>
>> I have just installed Tiger on my iMac G4 using Update.
>>
>> Everything works well except Safari quits immediately. Doesn't even
>> get to
>> opening splash.
>>
>> I removed every file relating to Safari and Safari Enhancer and did
>> another
>> install but no success.
>>
>> Can anyone suggest a fix or what might be in conflict.? Internet
>> Explorer
>> works well.
>>
>> Lloyd
>

> Up-dating Acidsearch fixed Safari's quitting for me
> <http://www.pozytron.com/?acidsearch>
>
> You know you have Acidsearch if you can find /Library/Application
> Support/SIMBL/Plugins/AcidSearch.bundle
>
> cheers
> Brian

Thanks for the suggestions but I have checked this and nothing appears, I
have no Safari Speedups or enhancers of any type.  All other internet
connections work well.

It appears that in order to re-install Safari I have to do a complete OS
upgrade. I cannot find a way of customising the installation to just
reinstall one application. Would an old version of Safari from Panther work
with Tiger?

Any ideas?

Lloyd